Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Star Crushed Minerals Swatches & Review

Hey Polish Lovers!!

Today, as promised, I have a review & swatches from Star Crushed Minerals. SCM is a shop on Etsy that sells all 100% all natural hand-mixed mineral makeup. She has 570 items in her shop, including mineral eye shadows, foundation, blush, and more! 
There is also a line of Star Crushed Lacquers, which I did a review on, that you can check out here
I took advantage of a 75% off sale Edie had a while back and ended up with 14 new shadowsShe also sent several extra shadows and mineral foundation for me to try out. 

Currently, Star Crushed Minerals is having a Halloween sale, which is 70% off, so you should definitely check it out! 

First up- The shadows I purchased. 
This is how they were packaged, with star confetti- what a cute touch! 


The next photo is of the shadows I purchased, out of the package. On the inside, the holes are sealed to ensure no spillage. I ordered three extras for a friend, so those aren't in the photo. (I also didn't realize the quality of this photo was so poor until after I had them opened, so I apologize for the blurriness.)

From Left to Right
Top Row: Teal Blue, Jade Sunrise, Deep Ocean Blue, Olive Pink & Starry Night
Middle Row: Emerald City, Amethyst, Taupe, Electric Lime, & Iced Mocha
Bottom Row: Superman, Golden Peach, Shooting Star & Deep Cranberry

 All photos will go in order of the photo above and will always read from left to right. All arm swatches were done with a q-tip over liquid foundation. Each swatch is done twice: on the left is dry and the right is wet. 

Disclaimer: I had to swatch while watching my wild 3 year old son, so swatching is not "perfect". Please forgive me for the uneven swatches.

The next three photos are of the first row in the photo above.
Teal Blue, Jade Sunrise, Deep Ocean Blue, 
Olive Pink, and Starry Night. 
  

The photo below is with flash. The 

The photo below is without flash. 


The next three photos are of the 2nd row of the photo displaying all shadows I purchased.  
Emerald City, Amethyst, Taupe,
Electric Lime, and Iced Mocha. 

 With Flash

Without Flash


The next three photos are of the 3rd row of the photo displaying all shadows I purchased.  
Superman, Golden Peach, 
Shooting Star, & Deep Cranberry

With Flash

Without Flash

All shadows are true to the colors shown on STM's Etsy shop. I am extremely pleased with application and colors. In person, when used wet, the colors really pop! It's incredible the shimmer that these shadows have. They are just gorgeous!


Next are the extra shadows and foundation Edie included. I didn't think to take a photo while they were still packaged up, but she had them in a cute purple paper bag, with a star cut-out (that had cellophane over it). Adorable!
These are going to go from left to right, then the one under the foundation will be named last. 
Skinny Dipping, Purple Lily, Hawaiian Hibiscus, Ivory Foundation, Mulan, Olive You, Cherry Blossom, & Rapunzel. 

First, the foundation matched my skin-tone perfectly. She was a little afraid it would be too dark, because I had explained how fair complected I am. I sent her a photo of the powder I was using, and she matched it up for me. So, if you every have any hesitation about ordering Foundation from her, just send her a message with information about your skin-tone and possibly a pic of a powder that matches your skin-tone. She will be able to help you figure out the one that is best for you. 

Skinny Dipping, Purple Lily, Hawaiian Hibiscus, & Rapunzel

I thought I took a photo of these with flash, but I must not have. I apologize. You can still tell how gorgeous they are without flash.

Without Flash

Mulan, Olive You, & Cherry Blossom

Cherry Blossom, Olive You, & Mulan
With Flash

Without Flash



I also did a few looks, which I haven't done & posted before. I am not a professional make-up artist, nor do I believe I am. I know I am not great at applying eye shadow, but I just want to show you a few combos I came up with. 

Under Eyebrow: Moondust 
Lid: Rapunzel
Crease: Purple Lily
Under Lid: Mix of Purple Lily & Rapunzel


Under Eyebrow: Moondust
Lid: Taupe
Crease: Olive Pink

Under Eyebrow: Moondust
Lid: Skinny Dipping
Crease: Starry Pink (Previously Purchased)
Under Eye: Starry Pink


I am in love with mineral shadow. I never wanted to deal with "loose eye shadow" because I always made a mess with it. The way Edie packages them, there is a "stopper" so it's not as easy to spill. Personally, I think it makes it much easier to apply, because you don't have to dip your brush down in a pile of shadow. 

Some of you may or may not know, but my husband and I just purchased a new home 4 days ago. We couldn't be more excited. He has been working odd hours, just so we can move. Our 8 year Wedding Anniversary was yesterday, as well. Things have been so hectic in real life the last two months or so, that is why I haven't been posting as often. Thank you to everyone who has stuck with me through the times I've been MIA. 

Thank you so much, Edie, for being so incredibly patient with me and sending me the extra goodies. 

To purchase Star Crushed Minerals Make-Up, just go to her Etsy shop
Also, don't forget to "like" her Facebook page!

Until next time, 
Love your Polish 
(And Make-Up)








No comments:

Post a Comment