Thursday, August 22, 2013

BeautyBarBaby Review

Hey Polish Lovers!

Today I have a review for you that isn't polish. I know this is a polish blog, but I think you all will really like it! What's just as good as polish?? MAKEUP!! Today is a review of BeautyBarBaby Mineral Eye Shadows! Bare with me, as this is my first makeup review. 

BeautyBarBaby is a shop on Etsy that sells 100% Natural Mineral Makeup. She has eye shadow, bronzer, powder, concealer, blush, and more. All of her makeup is mineral and it is handcrafted by the shop owner, Nicole. All of it is natural with no additives, dyes, preservatives, sulfate, paraben, or fragrance. 

Right now, she is having a 50% off sale!! You can get a 0.5g container of eye shadow  for only $2.75! Which is a great deal for mineral eye shadow! She currently has 219 items in her shop, which includes 188 mineral eye shadows. I had a very hard time choosing 12! I did pay for these shadows at a discounted rate for bloggers. Enough chit-chat.. let's get to it!

I received her package and couldn't wait to rip it open. I did manage to get a shot of one of the rolls prior to it being opened. They came 6 to a roll, securely packaged in bubble wrap. 



Once unwrapped, the individual shadows were securely sealed to ensure no spillage during shipping. In this next photo, you can see how they are professionally sealed.




Next is each individual color in it's original jar. I had already done the swatches before taking these photos, so if some look a little low on product, that is why. 

 Devil's Breath


Twinkle


Barbados


Sour Grapes


 Creep


Dazzled



Flushed


Tip Taupe



Teddy Bear


Tootsie Roll


Army Brat


Gothic Grey




All the swatches I did on my arm, in direct sunlight. All shadows were applied with a Q-Tip. 

First up are the colors. 
All colored swatches will be in this order from left to right:
Devil's Breath
Twinkle
Barbados
Sour Grapes
Creep
Dazzled

This photo is dry shadow on my bare arm. 


This photo is dry shadow over foundation.
(I realize the photo is blurry, but it really shows the sparkle)


Last, but not least, wet shadow over foundation.
You can really tell how the shadow pops when applied wet. Not only is the color more intense when applied wet, but so is the shimmer, however, my camera refused to pick all of it up.  




On to neutral colors.  
All neutral colors will be in this order from left to right:
Flushed
Tip Taupe
Teddy Bear
Tootsie Roll
Army Brat
Gothic Grey

This is dry shadow on my bare arm.


Next is dry shadow over foundation. 


And very last, wet shadow over foundation.


I love these shadows!! All of them have this amazing sparkle that will make you say, "Wow!" I wish photos would do them justice, but they just don't.

But that's not all!!! I had to test one of these babies out in polish.... and it did awesome!! I chose to go with Creep. It's a beautiful eggplant color with blue shimmer.

Without Flash

With Flash


If you would like to purchase any mineral makeup, please check out BeautyBarBaby on Etsy
Don't forget to add her shop to your favorites!!

Also, don't forget to go check out her Facebook page and give her a like!

Thanks for hangin' in there with me on my first makeup review! I hope you all enjoyed!!

Until next time,
Love your polish (and makeup!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment