Sunday, August 11, 2013

Nail Art

Hey Polish Lovers!!

Today I have some nail art for you.

The first is water marbling. I haven't been very successful at water marbling in the past. Sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't. My main problems were the polish drying to fast when I tried to pull it from the edges and my polish not spreading. 


Here are a few tips and tricks:

1. If the polish is not spreading in your water (and you are using room temperature, bottled water) your polish is probably too thick. Either thin your polish down with nail polish thinner or use another polish. 

2. Drop your polish close to the water. If you drop it from high up, it will either ball up on the surface or sink to the bottom. 

3. Instead of pulling your polish from the very outside, go two or three lines in and pull from there. If you pull from the very outside, chances are that the polish is already dry and you will do more harm than good. 

For more tips and tricks, please visit Polished By Audison: Water Marble: Tutorial, Tips, and Tricks. You can also do a search on YouTube for "Water Marbling for Beginners"


 I will continue to do more water marbling in the future, now that I know what I was doing wrong. Here is my first truly successful water marble.

For my basecoat I used NYC "French White Tip". The pink polish is LA Colors "Hottie", the blue polish is LA Colors " Aquatic ", and the yellow polish is Pure Ice "Showstopper". 


The other bit of nail art I have is a technique I have seen floating around, but hadn't ever attempted. It wasn't until after I saw Miss Jen Fabulous' YouTube video that I attempted it. 

For my base, I used LA Colors "Hottie". The white polish is NYC "French White Tip", the black polish is Nina "Black", and the blue polish is a polish I made. I used Seche Vite for my topcoat. 

Here is the tutorial for this nail art: MissJenFABULOUS: Easy Nail Art For Beginners!!! #6

If there is anything with either of these types of nail art that you don't understand or need more info on, please ask. I do not think any question is stupid. We all have to learn to do these things and if we don't ask questions, we may never know. <3

Thanks for reading! 

Until next time, love your polish!



No comments:

Post a Comment