Monday, September 2, 2013

Northern Star Polish Swatches & Review

Hey Polish Lovers!

Today I have a review & swatches from Northern Star Polish. I was sent their Halloween set which will be released September 15th, 2013. 
Northern Star Polish got started in March of 2012. They strive to use high quality & durable ingredients in their polish, which means their polish is never  diluted with clear top coat, they use stainless steel agitator balls, solvent resistant glitter, and proper suspension base. All of their polish is 4-Free: DBP, Toulene, Formeldehyde, and Formeldeyde-resin free. Northern Star personally test all glitter and pigment for months before using them in their products. All polish goes through a holding & testing period before it is released for sale. 
Northern Star Polish comes in two sizes: Small is 9 mL/0.3 oz for $5.50 and Full Size is 15 mL/0.5 oz for $8.50.
 All the polish in their Halloween collection are distinct, but work well together. They are great for fall!  

First up, a photo of all the polish I was sent. 
The only reason Bella Morte looks low is because I forgot to take this photo prior to swatching (oopsie!). 
From Left to Right: Pumpkinlicious, Twisted Treat, Bella Morte, Macabre Delight, and Phantasmagoric. 


Every one of these polishes went on smooth and without any problems. The application was easy and the coverage was good. They didn't have an extremely strong smell. I am very pleased with this brand. If you haven't tried Northern Star Polish, you have to!


Twisted Treat 
Twisted Treat is a black polish with orange shimmer. 
This is two coats over a base coat. I also have top coat on. It is absolutely gorgeous and is a must have for Fall! 

Pumpkinlicious 
Pumpkinlicious had a clear base with gold, burnt orange, and green glitter. In this photo it is two coats over Twisted Treat. I also have on a top coat. 
This is another amazing polish for fall. It would look good over almost any fall color and is packed with glitter. I love it! 

Bella Morte
Bella Morte is a blood red jelly polish with matte red glitter and black flakes. 
In this photo I have on two coats over a base coat. Again, I have on a top coat. 
This polish is a beautiful red. It's bright but not over-powering. It did not stain my nails or skin at all. I love the glitter in it! It would look good with any skin tone!

Macabre Delight
It is described as a blue jelly with various shades of purple and neon green glitter. It is pictured here over a base coat and under a top coat. It is two coats of the polish.
This polish is awesome! It would be great for any season! It looks to me to be more of a purple color. The picture is true to color on my screen. Whether it is blue or purple doesn't matter, it's amazing! 

Phantasmagoric
Phantasmagoric is a teal jelly with red-violet-blue color shifting glitter. It is pictured with two coats in between base & top coat. For this polish, I had to do two photos. The first is a straight shot with flash. The second is a side shot to try to capture the color shifting glitter. 
This is such a beautiful color- even without the color shifting glitter. It's the perfect teal color and with the color shift--- it's breathtaking. I can't even describe how pretty this is. You have to see it in person to get the full effect! 




I absolutely love this whole collection! It's great for fall!! I had a blast swatching theses. 


Don't forget to visit Northern Star Polish on Facebook!

I hope you enjoyed my review & swatches of Northern Star's Halloween Collection! Don't forget, it will be released September 15th!

Until next time, 
Love your polish!


No comments:

Post a Comment